Welcome to the Thematic Help Center 👋

Why does Thematic automatically add my songs to Content ID?

Thematic manages your songs on YouTube's Content ID while it is opted-in to Thematic for promotion.
Written by Thematic Team
Updated 4 months ago

In order to make sure our creators do not have any issues using music from Thematic in their videos, we automatically opt in our artists' sound recordings to YouTube's Content ID for video scanning.

YouTube will identify any user videos where the song is being used (by non-Thematic members) and Thematic will claim & monetize those videos on the artist's behalf. You keep 80% of the collected earnings from this user-generated content (UGC), and Thematic keeps 20% keep the rest (80%).

Did this answer your question?